iRedTouch - the universal "Universal Remote"
Are you tired of having several remotes lying around in your living room? Do you want to use your iPhone or iPod touch instead? This and much more is possible with iRedTouch - in conjunction with an infrared (IR) transceiver module by IRTrans GmbH (www.irtrans.com
WITH AN ETHERNET MODULE:
- Infrared codes of all common devices (HiFi/TV/DVD/...) can be taught to iRedTouch
- using your fingers flip through the list of your remotes on the iPhone or iPod touch
- one finger tap on the photo of your remote - and the IRTrans transmits the respective IR signal
- hold down your finger - and the IR signals will be sent repeatedly, if appropriate
- no PC or Mac needs to be running for these operations!
WITH MORE ETHERNET MODULES:
- Control all IR-capable devices in your household, from anywhere in your WLAN
- Determine which remote will use which IRTrans module all over your network
HOW TO CREATE A REMOTE:
1. Make a photo of your remote, scan it, or even make a sketch of it
2. Copy the photo into iPhoto on the Mac, or into your Pictures folder on the PC
3. Use iTunes to transfer the photo into your mobile photo album
4. In iRedTouch choose the very photo as the touchable area of your new remote
5. Place the buttons on the screen, simply by tapping onto the photo
6. Teach the infrared signals to iRedTouch - a built-in assistant makes this easy
7. That's it!